by Flashman85 on Tuesday, October 1, 2002
Hands-down, this is my favorite Mega Man game. I may be biased against the others because after requesting a Mega Man game for two years I finally got Megaman 4. So, this was my first, and still is my favorite.
Things I like:
- It is possible to beat any of the 8 robot masters first. It's not like the original Megaman where it's almost impossible to defeat Iceman before beating a few other robot masters.
- Excellent variety of weapons--and they all get used! Each weapon is useful in a number of situations, which allows for better replay value.
- Plot!! Not only do you get a lovely introduction describing the origin of Mega Man, but you also have a plot twist (not overwhelmingly surprising, but hey, it's something)!
- Has elements of the old Megaman games mixed in with new ideas: Protoman, the bats from Wood Man stage, Rush Marine, and some music from MM2 all get mixed with new elements like Flip-Top (Eddie), Dr. Cossack, the Mega Buster, and more.
- Not too hard, not too easy, but just right.
There is almost nothing for me to complain about in this fantastic game. Buy it. Now.
Back to Megaman 4
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this review are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the views of The NES Files, it's owners, it's advertisors, or any of it's affiliates.